Sunday, August 5, 2018

Old Christine

Other than looking at my previous posts and noticing that I start with the word "sometimes" more often than I should, I've been wondering about the quality of the blogs. I haven't been doing them very long, and they tend to be super short. I guess short is better than long in this medium, otherwise it's tedium. Ewww.

Anyway, I've been watching reruns of "The New Adventures of Old Christine," which is one of the funniest shows ever. It holds up so well. I love how dysfunctional everyone is, and how they love each other anyway. That's good comedy. Old Christine genuinely believes she's a good person, but she's kind of not. She acts like she tries hard, but she doesn't really. And, everything she does is a mess. It's truly funny. It reminds me a lot of "Fawlty Towers." They both have main character who you like in spite of the fact that they're not great people. You root for them. You see horrible things coming their way, and you silently beg them to make better choices, but they don't. And the repercussions are hilarious.

I believe that Julia Louis Dreyfus is one of the funniest women on television. I'll bite you if you disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I was born and reared in Austin, Texas, where I attended three elementary schools, three middle schools, one high school, and one university. I've backpacked through Europe, gone on an archeological dig in the Belizean rainforest, scuba dived through the Atlantic reefs, and skydived over San Marcos. And, while hang-gliding turned out not to be for me, I did give it a shot.